Friday, March 25, 2011

WAI Project-Reputation on Facebook

After rethinking where the scope of this project may lead... I decided to simplify my idea, or perhaps reduce it to a manageable extent, at least for now.

So, what this means? I will focus on what the reputation for a person on facebook is. In order to do that, I selected four main factors that could initially determine this reputation of a person ('s contacts).
These are:
1) Diversity of a user's friendlist (i.e. gender, country,),
2) Amount of user's friends,
3) Frequency of contact (i.e. wall posts, comments)
4) User's activity (i.e status updates)

I will formalize (and normalize!) this flowchart implementing it with MySQL Workbench. This is still a very simple, ugly initial draft version. But I just wanted to conceptualize and visualize what WAI should do...
* Also, important to note, I tried using FQL nomenclature so that we assure the possibility of gathering data exists...

In any case,being the only one working on it, my time as a human is also limited, and I would be very happy if someone is interested in joining efforts on the development side of this project (Please, don't hesitate to contact me!)

Basing this work on the following references: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/fql/

No comments: